Here is the top liteary news of the week:
- Vanity Fair Subscriptions Soar After Trump Blasts Magazine on Twitter
- More than 140 authors urge Penguin Random House to undo break with unions
- Canada Reads 2017
- Hachette Livre acquires majority stake in mobile app company Brainbow
- London Book Fair Confirms Baltics as 2018 Market Focus; Confirms 2018 Dates
- the Poetry Review, Winter 2016
- PRH: Weldon and unions battle it out
- In Defense of the Twitter Essay
- THE NEED FOR FICTION IN THE AGE OF TRUMP
- Reidy Hails Profitable Year at S&S and 'Stable' Publishing Marketplace
- Why Charles Dickens Wrote "A Christmas Carol"
- Library Receives Support from Community After Swastika Vandalism
- 12 WRITERS ON THE BOOKS THEY’RE GIVING AS GIFTS THIS YEAR
- Hits and misses: indie publishers pick their books of 2016
- Meet the writers who still sell millions of books. Actually, hundreds of millions.
- Boris Johnson accused of breaching ministerial code after book signing
- Sci-fi writer Ted Chiang on his story's 'unconventional' adaptation into the film Arrival
- PLEASE DON’T MAKE YOUR CHILD READ HEMINGWAY
- THE LIBRARIES THAT BROUGHT US TO TEARS
- Book Deal for Pantsuit Nation, Facebook Page Supporting Hillary Clinton
- Lemony Snicket Is Using His Netflix Money To Start A Poetry Prize
- Arrival Director Denis Villeneuve Might Take on the Unadaptable Dune
- ‘Fences’ Stumbles From Lack Of Understanding Of What “Adapting” Means
- Harper’s Sara Nelson Discusses the State of the Industry
- San Francisco libraries want to microchip their books
- The Best Books We Missed in 2016
- Can Pantsuit Nation Survive Its Book Deal?
- ON THE PANTSUIT NATION BOOK AND THE KKK TV SHOW
- ‘2017’s going to be a bloodbath’: Confessions of a beleaguered independent publisher
- Applications open for Scottish teen writers' programme
- HOW READING HELPS THY GRAMMAR
- How Do You Fact-Check a Poem?
- Food in books: Christmas feasts from Conan Doyle to JK Rowling
- J.K. Rowling is Working on Two New Novels
- Vannadasan wins Sahitya Akademi award
- First ever Abantu Book Festival in Soweto a roaring success
- A year in review: Brexit, paying interns and respect for YA
- From Brekzit to Dopingovy Skandal: The Year in Words
- Calvin and Hobbes Gets Christmas Right
- THE 60 BEST BOOK COVERS OF 2016, AS CHOSEN BY DESIGNERS
This podcast is available on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, Podomatic, and media.aois21.com.
For news during the week, follow @aois21 on Twitter.
You can now support this podcast either by buying an ad through Advertisecast, or on the aois21 page on Patreon.
If there’s a story we missed, tweet to us with the #literallythisweek and we’ll check it out.