Here is the top literary news of the week:
- Unto Us in Bethlehem, a New Comic Shop is Born: Steel City Comics
- Cleveland Public Library picks three finalists in MLK Branch design competition
- Right place, right time for nascent Marco Polo
- Stop Reading Books You Don't Actually Enjoy
- Pushing back: why it's time for women to rewrite the story
- Copies of Mary Shelley's original Frankenstein text to be published
- Scholastic UK buys two school book suppliers
- Like a Woman bookshop to sell female authors only
- A radical archive arrives at Harvard
- Can You Revise a Book to Make It More Woke?
- Women better represented in Victorian novels than modern, finds study
- Vogue and Vice push ahead, awkwardly, with their editorial partnership
- Lord Bird to bring indie alliance discussions to House of Lords
- St. Petersburg set to rename main library after President Obama
- A Prisoner Got a Book Deal. Now the State Wants Him to Pay for His Imprisonment.
- Joe Hill sets original 'vinyl-first' short story audiobook: Listen to an excerpt
- Boise hires famed architect to design new main library
- HOW TO GROW A POWERHOUSE READING SERIES
- Spanish Court Rejects Rapper's Freedom of Speech Argument
- THE 2018 PEN AMERICA LITERARY AWARDS WINNERS
- Milo Yiannopoulos drops S&S lawsuit
- Amazon to adapt Iain Banks' space opera
- Shelf space: University libraries move toward workspaces, digital collections
- Serial Box, A Startup Blending E-Books With Audio, Raises $1.65M Seed Round
- Pan Mac to give seven indie bookshops £1,750
- UK consumer report finds fewer preschoolers being read to by parents
- UC San Diego Library Joins Project STAND: Archiving Student Activism at Universities and Colleges across the Nation
- Lionel Shriver says 'politically correct censorship' is damaging fiction
- Whenever the market crashes, Warren Buffett turns to a 19th-century poem
- It’s time writers stood up for democracy and higher ideals
- 'Ebooks are stupid', says head of one of world's biggest publishers
aois21 audio would like your help! Yes, you! We are currently conducting surveys of listeners to several of our podcast series. Visit surveys.aois21.com or the homepage of each podcast to find the link. It will only take a couple minutes of your time and we would like to thank you with 21% off any purchase from the aois21 market. So visit surveys.aois21.com today and let your voice be heard!
This episode is brought to you by Audible. Get access to over 180,000 audiobooks with your first month free. Just visit www.audibletrial.com/aois21 and your first book is on us!
Additional support is provided by HIVE: A Matter of Gravity by James D. King. The Hive continues its relentless attack on the Earth Empire. In this twin adventure, an aged military sergeant and an up and coming naval office take on the insectoid menace for the fate of humanity lies in the balance. Find HIVE: A Matter of Gravity available as an eBook everywhere books are sold and in paperback from Lulu.com and the aois21 market. See the Earth Empire! Defeat the HIVE!
Literally This Week is available on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, TuneIn, Podomatic, and audio.aois21.com.
For news during the week, follow @aois21 on Twitter.
You can support this podcast either by buying an ad through Advertisecast, or on the aois21 page on Patreon.
If there’s a story we missed, tweet to us with the #literallythisweek and we’ll check it out.