Here is the top Literary News of the Week:
- Prince Charles pens climate change book for new Ladybird Expert series
- The Night Manager team to adapt another Le Carré spy classic
- ON SELLING YOUR FIRST NOVEL AFTER 11 YEARS
- THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LIBRARY IN EVERY US STATE AND MORE CRITICAL LINKING
- Obama’s Secret to Surviving the White House Years: Books
- This Martin Luther King Comic May Have Been The Most Influential Comic Book Of All Time
- E L James in talks for Fifty Shades musical
- San Francisco Public Library’s Quest to Put Diversity on Shelves
- What Frankenstein Has to Do With Anti-Vaxxers
- WHEN WRITING BECOMES JUST ANOTHER LIFESTYLE GOOD
- National Book Critics Circle announces finalists, but misses one of the biggest novels of 2016
- AMAZON SELLS OUT OF JOHN LEWIS’S BIOGRAPHY AFTER TRUMP ATTACK
- The Penn Libraries Acquire Only Known Copy of Legendary Franklin Broadside, “The Elegy on the Death of Aquila Rose”
- Canada: Newfoundland and Labrador’s New Book Tax Hitting Students Hard
- Why This Norwegian Novelist Should Be the Next Elena Ferrante
- Alt-writing: how the far right is changing US publishing
- Pearson to slash e-book rental prices by 50% in digital push
- No More 'Beall's List'
- A NEGLECTED SOUTH AMERICAN MASTERPIECE
- BECOMING A BOOK LOVER ON A BUDGET
- Colson Whitehead nominated for PEN America Literary Award
- Rowling, Donaldson and James enter Nielsen 'Bestseller Hall of Fame'
- Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's Good Omens due on Amazon Prime in 2018
- Follett, VitalSource Partner on One-click Access to 80,000+ Digital Titles
- Report: “Ransomware Attack Makes All St. Louis Public Library Computers Inoperable”
- How Not to Speak Polish: On Language, Pain and (Not) Writing Memoir
- Library book returned a century late in San Francisco
- Orenda Books Joins Forces With Curtis Brown Group Ltd
- Nielsen's US book services acquired by NPD
- Australian Library and Information Association Sends Letter of Support to Natalya Sharina, Librarian Under House Arrest in Russia
- E-book publishers and Apple reach new deal with Competition Bureau over pricing
- Mightier Than the Sword: How Politics Is Tearing Apart PEN Russia
- ‘Delhi lends itself to a crime thriller’
- National Library of Israel Acquires Valmadonna Trust Library of Hebrew Books and Manuscripts
- Chinese robot gets byline in Guangzhou-based Southern Metropolis Daily
- Europeans Cheer Move Toward Flexible VAT for E-books
- A deeper connection
Literally This Week is available on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, Podomatic, and media.aois21.com.
For news during the week, follow @aois21 on Twitter.
You can now support this podcast either by buying an ad through Advertisecast, or on the aois21 page on Patreon.
If there’s a story we missed, tweet to us with the #literallythisweek and we’ll check it out.