Here is the top literary news of the week:
- UK: BBC Launch Archive of Memorable Programmes to Help Dementia Sufferers
- Pictures of the week
- THE ADOLESCENT CHARM OF BAD CELEBRITY POETRY
- 18 AIRBNBS FOR ANYONE WHO JUST LOVES BOOKS AND MORE
- Happy 28th Birthday to the World Wide Web! Sir Tim Berners-Lee on “Tackling” Three New Trends
- Russia Mulls Slowing Internet Speeds for Foreign Websites Breaking Russian Law
- Children’s publishers anticipate ‘buoyant’ LBF
- MARGARET ATWOOD ON WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WATCH HER OWN DYSTOPIA COME TRUE
- Big Little Truths
- REREADING PAULA FOX’S “DESPERATE CHARACTERS”
- A tale of two publications (and “the best damn writer in Texas”)
- Bodleian Library unearths new Tolkien
- Norman Thomas di Giovanni obituary
- South Carolina: Library Named For Charleston Church Shooting Victim/Librarian Vandalized With Graffiti and Racial Slurs
- THE LIFE AND DEATH OF THE LIBRARY OF ALEXANDRIA
- THE NEW YORK ANTIQUARIAN BOOK FAIR ENTERS THE 21ST CENTURY AT LAST
- Kadare, Oz and Mabanckou on Man Booker International longlist
- SPOTIFY ROUNDS UP AUDIOBOOKS, POETRY AND SHORT STORIES FOR WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH
- Providence Public Library plans $15M to $20M renovation at downtown site
- Why are there so few novels about Aids these days?
- George W. Bush’s best-selling book of paintings shows curiosity and compassion
- An Oxford comma changed this court case completely
- IPA’s Kolman: role for publishers in ‘post-truth’ world
- Writer Amy Krouse Rosenthal dies after penning 'beautiful' dating profile for husband
- Brexit, gun control and feminist science fiction on 2017 Orwell prize longlist
- HOW WORKING AT A BOOKSTORE CHANGED MY WRITING CAREER
- Research Article: “A Comparison of Traditional Book Reviews and Amazon.com Book Reviews of Fiction Using a Content Analysis Approach”
- This Bookstore’s Clickbait Headlines on Facebook Are Actually the Plots of Classic Novels
- Want to know about Ireland now? Here are the books to read
Literally This Week is available on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, Tune In, Podomatic, and media.aois21.com.
For news during the week, follow @aois21 on Twitter.
You can now support this podcast either by buying an ad through Advertisecast, or on the aois21 page on Patreon.
If there’s a story we missed, tweet to us with the #literallythisweek and we’ll check it out.