Keith is sick this week so there will be no recorded podcast available. Please enjoy this news list nonetheless.
Here is the news from the past week:
- Amazon Books to open at UTC in summer
- 2015 Nebula Award Finalists Announced
- Walking with Ramona: Exploring Beverly Cleary's Portland
- Object Lesson: Why we need physical books
- Pat Conroy, Author of ‘The Prince of Tides’ and ‘The Great Santini,’ Dies at 70
- Judge Seals Harper Lee’s Will From Public’s Scrutiny
- Waterstones’ James Daunt: ‘Student of Bookshops’
- Bring late books back with food gifts and be spared fines, say libraries
- Nosy Crow crowned IPG Publisher of the Year
- NoVa TEEN Book Festival
- Academy of British Cover Design (ABCD) 16 Winners
- Independent Book Publisher Trolls NRA Over Gun Violence
- Has Harry Potter made the trend for longer children's books fly?
- Shaughnessy Cohen Prize finalists include books on Harper, fracking, climate change
- Historical Fiction Anthology A Tyranny of Petticoats Tells Girl-Powered American Stories
- New university press from Goldsmiths, University of London to partner with renowned MIT Press in landmark deal
- Call for submissions for the 2016 Ingrid Jonker Prize for English Poetry
- Mark Rylance Talks Poetry and Ice Fishing
- YA fiction is about far more than political correctness
- Hachette Book Group buys Perseus
- HOGARTH SHAKESPEARE
- Atkinson, Harris and Boyd compete on Walter Scott longlist
- A new poet for St David's Day: Ifor ap Glyn appointed national poet of Wales
- Hong Kong booksellers to be ‘released soon’
- Hong Kong bookseller Lee Bo says he will abandon UK residency
- Preview Version of the New Microsoft Academic Search Engine is Now Online, API Also Available
- Louise Rennison dies
- Carol Ann Duffy to tour UK for IBW
- Detained US student confessed to stealing political slogan, North Korea claims
- Retail sector 'could lose 900,000 jobs over next decade'
- Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit gets his own 50p coin – and he didn't have to steal it
Remember to like, share, and subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Podomatic, and right here.
If there's any news of the week you want to share with us, tweet with #literallythisweek and we'll check it out.
Follow us on twitter @aois21 where we share the news as it comes out!