Here is the top literary news of the week:
- Authors condemn plans to shut Hay-on-Wye library
- Why Comics Publishers Need to Embrace the Power of Fandom
- The book that changed Jane Eyre forever
- READING LIKE A BOSS (OR THE BOSS, RATHER): A BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN READING LIST
- Bob Dylan’s Silence on Nobel Prize Is Called ‘Impolite and Arrogant’ by Academy Member
- Christopher Marlowe Officially Credited As Co-Author Of 3 Shakespeare Plays
- Man Booker prize 2016: bookies' and public's favourites revealed
- Swerve! Crash! The wild fiction of Nell Zink.
- First Truckloads of Materials Bound for Obama Presidential Library Leave D.C. For Chicago This Week
- Bluemoose, Tilted Axis and Mayfly join Northern Fiction Alliance
- Is It Harder to Write Humorously Than It Is to Write Seriously?
- The Sellout wins 2016 Man Booker Prize
- The Sellout rips up rulebook for what award-winning fiction looks like
- Carol Ann Duffy's favorite poems
- Arresting accounts: Andrew Brown and Paul McNally discuss their books Good Cop, Bad Cop and The Street
- Budget cuts at Toronto libraries ‘rip the heart out’: Keenan
- How the Film Industry Could Change Book Publishing
- FIVE BOOKS MAKING NEWS THIS WEEK: MADNESS, MONKEYS, AND FAIRYTALES
- Ether Books put up for sale
- Libro.fm Audiobooks Now Available in 150 Indie Bookstores
- The World Reacts to an American Winning the Booker
- Stephen King pens children's picture book about train that comes alive
- Mockingbird #8 Is Controversial. But Not For Any Of The Reasons It Is Causing Controversy.
- New Program: Open Access Monographs Begin to Rollout on JSTOR Platform
- Toni Morrison receives Bellow award for lifetime achievement
- DMG Nabs Rights to Brandon Sanderson’s ‘Cosmere’ Book Universe in Massive Deal
- Madeleine Thien wins 2016 Governor General's Literary Award for fiction
- David Cameron Cashes In With £800,000 Deal For His Memoirs
- RIP Tim Couzens (1944-2016)
- Trade all set for a book-filled Hallowe'en
- WHAT I LEARNED AFTER ILLUSTRATING 75 BOOKSTORES FROM AROUND THE WORLD
- Toby Young is named director of government-backed free schools charity
- Children's Librarians' Favorite Halloween Books
- Cuban Literary Blues: Alejo Carpentier & Severo Sarduy
- New White Paper/Survey Findings From ProQuest: “Evolving Spaces for Evolving User Needs in Academic Libraries”
- GENRE KRYPTONITE: GUIDEBOOKS TO WONDER
- 10 BOOKS BY POLISH WOMEN WRITERS WE’D LIKE TO SEE TRANSLATED
- Bob Dylan acknowledges Nobel Prize
- THE BRONX LOSES ITS ONLY BOOKSTORE
- Anne Carson: ‘I do not believe in art as therapy’
- How Catherine Leroux ripped fiction from the headlines in The Party Wall
- Gillon Aitken dies
- LITERARY TOURISM: JAPAN
Remember to like, share, and subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, Podomatic, and right here.
To sponsor the podcast, visit our gig page on Fiverr.com.
We are now on Patreon, where you can now support this and the other series of the aois21 podcast network!
If there's any news of the week you want to share with us, tweet with #literallythisweek and we'll check it out.
Follow us on twitter @aois21 where we share the news as it comes out!