Here is the top literary news of the week:
- Printer’s Manuscript of the Book of Mormon Sells for $35 Million
- The 13-year-old Syrian refugee who became a prizewinning poet
- Tramp Press to reject all submissions by 'sexists'
- Listen Online: San Antonio Central Library Collection Preserves Latino Literary Culture
- Nick Offerman Narrates Mark Twain’s ‘A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur’s Court’
- Nobel literature prize: Honoring the elusive ‘ideal’
- Latino Authors Celebrated At Annual Book Awards
- Screen rights for Bourne's debut adult novel snapped up
- Illinois: “Immigration Rights Program Canceled After Arlington Heights Library Officials Receive Threats”
- THE BEST AUTHORS I EVER MET AND WHY THEY WERE THE COOLEST
- SELLING BOOKS FROM WILLIAM FAULKNER’S FIRST WRITING ROOM
- Welcome to the Romance Resistance
- GDPR is coming, but nobody knows how it will be enforced
- Louise Doughty launches BAME scholarship crowdfunding campaign
- New Report re: Public Libraries: “The Experiential Library: The Future of Family Learning”
- 39 Books That Are Actually Scary
- Stop. Grammar time: the adult word nerds going back to school
- Romance readers are not in love with the New York Times
- THE 2017 NATIONAL BOOK AWARD FINALISTS
- EC orders Amazon to pay €250m in back taxes
- ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS OF THE 2017 DAYTON LITERARY PEACE PRIZE
- Librarians of the University of Washington Implement Open Access Policy
- Emergent Criticism
- Kazuo Ishiguro Wins Nobel Prize In Literature
- U.S. Copyright Office Provides Congress with Results of Public Inquiry on Establishing Mass Digitization of Books Pilot Program
- FBI OPENS COLD CASE ON WHO BETRAYED ANNE FRANK
- A BRIEF HISTORY OF LITQUAKE, A SAN FRANCISCO LITERARY INSTITUTION
- Report: Publishers Seek Removal of Millions of Papers From ResearchGate
- Whitehead, Sands and Alderman contend for BAMB Readers Awards
- The Wondrous Complexity of the New York Public Library
- WATCH KARL OVE KNAUSGAARD’S LECTURE: WHY I WRITE
- MYSTERY SKYPE: INJECT SOME EXCITEMENT INTO YOUR BOOK CLUB!
- Dan Brown’s Origin ‘points fingers and names names’
- Tit-for-tat May See U.S. Media Outlets Banned in Russia
- Don’t press send … The new rules for good writing in the 21st century
- Vargas Llosa to receive literature prize in Tolstoy in Moscow
- Authors help crowdfund Cain's book after it received 30 rejections
- Marc Maron's secrets to a good interview
This episode is brought to you by "Whiskey Sharp: Unraveled" by New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Lauren Dane. Coming this January and available to preorder today on Amazon.
It is also brought to you by "American Presidents at War," a new nonfiction scholarly review by Thomas P. Athridge. Now available at market.aois21.com.
Literally This Week is available on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, TuneIn, Podomatic, and media.aois21.com. For news during the week, follow @aois21 on Twitter.
You can now support this podcast either by buying an ad through Advertisecast, or on the aois21 page on Patreon.
If there’s a story we missed, tweet to us with the #literallythisweek and we’ll check it out.