Here is the top literary news of the week.
- In Japan, “Financial Gaps Widen Among School Libraries”
- Costa Rican prisoners use poetry to change perceptions at International Book Fair
- Dear Ms. Paper: How Do I Stop Faking My Love for African Literature?
- Voices above the chaos: female war poets from the Middle East
- Guy Gavriel Kay and Madeleine Thien on the power of writing from the edge
- Bookseller launches online marketplace for children's indie authors
- Reading facts for #readabookday
- NetGalley to Make Access to Digital Proofs in Australia Easier
- Like Glimpses Through a Window: Fredric Jameson on Raymond Chandler
- A new library at Lang’ata Women’s Prison
- The Story Behind Margaret Atwood's Bonkers New Comic About a Flying Cat-Bird Superhero
- The Next Game of Thrones Book Might Have a Release Date
- Help us to celebrate International Literacy Day!
- Bertelsmann invests further in Brazil education
- Alabama Library Plans to Enforce Strict Overdue Book Ordinance
- Ann Dewdney, author of the Lllama Llama picture book series, has passed away at age 50.
- Digital Collections: Baseball Hall of Fame Launches Digital Archive, New Material Added Every Two Weeks
- 'Lost stories' of F Scott Fitzgerald to be published
- 15 Interesting Facts about Reading for International Literacy Day
- Sir Nicholas Serota appointed chairman of Arts Council England
- Ann Patchett on her new novel, writing from life, and her extremely chill family.
- Bear Grylls chats about writing, reading and what keeps him awake at night
- WHERE IS MAX RITVO’S HEAVEN?
- Behind the scenes of British Vogue
- Banned Books Might Be Hiding On Your Block
- New award categories from The Book Marketing Society
- The long, steady decline of literary reading
- Is Borges the 20th Century’s most important writer?
- Gabriel García Márquez is so money (and he doesn’t even know it)
- Friends for a lifetime
- EMILY BOOKS ASKS… WHAT IS WOMEN’S WRITING?
- UNESCO Releases Third “Global Report on Adult Learning and Education”
- 4 Steps to Better Ebook Pricing
- Pew: Americans Express Positive Views on Local Libraries
- When the book van goes missing…
- Even Napoleon Had an Unpublished Manuscript, and Now It’s up for Auction
- The language rules we know - but don’t know we know
- There Is No Such Thing as the Young Adult Novel
- Wilson and Walliams among World Book Day 2017 authors
- My best writing tip by William Boyd, Jeanette Winterson, Amit Chaudhuri and more
- Books that Reflect on 9/11
- Events: On September 14th, Carla Hayden’s Swearing-In as the 14th Librarian of Congress Will Be Streamed Live on YouTube
- LightSail Partners with Antares Reading on Student Literacy
- Alex Danchev obituary
Remember to like, share, and subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, Podomatic, and right here.
To sponsor the podcast, visit our gig page on Fiverr.com.
If there's any news of the week you want to share with us, tweet with #literallythisweek and we'll check it out.
Follow us on twitter @aois21 where we share the news as it comes out!