Here is the top literary news of the week:
- This Boy’s Dream Of Being A Princess Inspired An Innovative Kids’ Book
- Game of Thrones Becomes the Most-Awarded Drama in Emmy History
- Publishing chiefs urged to work on bookshop floor
- HOW INDIVIDUALISM CONQUERED AMERICAN FICTION
- HOW BEING A BOOKSELLER MADE ME ABETTER WRITER
- Important/Essential Research Resource: “Understanding 9/11: A Television News Archive” From the Internet Archive
- Man Booker Prize Shortlist Is Announced
- Amazon Is Doubling Down On Retail Stores
- Jo Malone urges bookshops to 'take risks'
- Jennifer Weiner Is the Human Condition
- MIT uses radiation to read closed books
- Open Ebooks Announces Compatibility with Clever
- Pretend you are in a dark room: Elnathan John presents 3 questions to ask yourself to avoid the pitfalls of identity politics in writing
- HOW MY GRANDMOTHER’S COOKBOOK MADE ME A WRITER
- It Turns Out, Your Favorite Children’s Book Writer Had A Very Dark Taste In Art
- New York State Archives, AG, and State Dept. of Ed. Launch Digital Collection of Selected Attica Prison Uprising Documents
- Dr. Hayden, the new Librarian of Congress, joins Twitter
- INTRODUCING: BOOKSELLING IN THE 21ST CENTURY
- How Franchise Book Chains Can Survive Disruption
- Russia Blocks Access to Adult Site Pornhub
- Reading Agency launches £2.1m elderly reading project
- 'It's like hitting a painting with a fish': can computer analysis tell us anything new about literature?
- As Amazon Arrives, the Campus Bookstore Is a Books Store No More
- How YouTube revolutionised children’s entertainment
- University to buy $1 million football scoreboard with thrifty librarian’s money, outraging critics
- John le Carré and I worked for years on his biography. Why is he telling his own story 12 months later?
- ETGAR KERET ON TIME TRAVEL, TV, AND WRITING ABOUT HIS FATHER
- University of Kansas: Metadata Project to Seek Trends, Themes in African-American Literature
Remember to like, share, and subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, Podomatic, and right here.
To sponsor the podcast, visit our gig page on Fiverr.com.
If there's any news of the week you want to share with us, tweet with #literallythisweek and we'll check it out.
Follow us on twitter @aois21 where we share the news as it comes out!