Here is the top literary news of the week:
- Virginia Library License Plates
- DOES READING LITERARY FICTION MAKE YOU A BETTER PERSON? I’M SKEPTICAL
- Top 5 Reasons Why People Love Wordpress
- 5 Questions for Scott Nover, the GW Student Who’s Launching a New Website Covering Media
- Paul Cleave Wins Ngaio Marsh Award For Best Crime Novel
- Don’t Feel Bad About Reading This Article
- How The Dallas Morning News made a millennial-minded news app
- Global publisher rankings show big groups getting bigger
- “Anybody Could Fall Into Such Hardship”: A Photographer’s Look at Poverty in America
- Why ‘medalling’ and ‘summering’ are so annoying
- President Obama to edit “Wired”; Lena Dunham announces short story collection
- Czech textbooks drop Jerusalem as Israel’s capital
- Oxford Dictionaries halts search for most disliked word after 'severe misuse’
- FIVE BOOKS MAKING NEWS THIS WEEK: MEMOIRS, MONOGRAPHS, AND MEDIA
- Authors, Can You Afford to Produce an Audiobook?
- Sally Andrew, Penguin Random House and The Book Lounge the big winners at 2016 Sefika and Booksellers’ Choice Awards
- Lancashire to go ahead with 'disgraceful' library cuts
- I Censor the Books I Read to My Child. I’m Not Ashamed!
- Turkey’s treatment of novelist Aslı Erdoğan is causing her “permanent damage”
- Data: Pew Releases Survey Findings on Book Reading by U.S. Adults, Print Books Continue to Dominate
- Optimism High at Premier Christian Fiction Conference
- Submit your story to the 2017 CBC Short Story Prize
- “ALL I HAD TO DO WAS ADD THE GHOSTS”: AN INTERVIEW WITH CHERIE PRIEST
- Bookselling: BN Small-Format Concept Store in Plano, TX; New Stores Coming to Belmont, MA & Bend, OR; And More
- Novel Effect Launches Immersive Children’s iOS App
- The “New York Times” unites books coverage; Finalists for First Novel Prize announced
- Things Fall Apart should be buried and never made to resurrect
- TRUMP, THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO, AND THE COLLAPSE OF PUBLIC LANGUAGE
- THE LOST ART OF CUSTOM-ILLUSTRATING YOUR FAVORITE BOOKS
- 32 writers make the 2016 CBC Creative Nonfiction Prize longlist
Remember to like, share, and subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, Podomatic, and right here.
To sponsor the podcast, visit our gig page on Fiverr.com.
If there's any news of the week you want to share with us, tweet with #literallythisweek and we'll check it out.
Follow us on twitter @aois21 where we share the news as it comes out!