This week: Someone has robbed Stan Lee of $300,000, Former President Obama shares his favorite reads of 2017, will Facebook kick news off the newsfeed?, Helen Dunmore has won a Costa prize posthumously, the Strand owner Fred Bass has died, President Trump tired to block a book release, and Barnes and Noble and others miss out on the a major book sale. All this, plus the New York Times Bestsellers, the Amazon Charts, and the latest news from aois21, Literally This Week.Read More
This week: Judy Blume has opened her own bookstore, Simon Cowell is writing a children’s book, big publishers are on the decline, the daughter of a Hong Kong bookseller wants the U.S. to help, realtors are waiting on Amazon, the National Book Festival poster was released, and the European Union is making all publicly funded scientific articles free. All this, plus the New York Times Bestsellers, Literally This Week. This episode is sponsored by Interlude to Sentimental Me! the new poetry collection from Michael B. Judkins now available for preorder from aois21 publishing.Read More
This week: iBooks Author is quietly conquering the electronic textbook market, a teacher be may be punished for selling books to students, Canadian publishers are offering e-copies for free with print purchases, EU membership might be ‘crucial’ for UK publishers, the story-sharing site Wattpad is souring with millennial, Turkey has an unexplainable bestseller, and an ancient library has been restored in Morocco. All this, plus the New York Times Bestsellers, Literally This Week. This episode is sponsored by Interlude to Sentimental Me! the new poetry collection from Michael B. Judkins now available for preorder from aois21 publishing.Read More
Here is the top literary news of the week:
- How Do We Make Reading Relevant to Today’s Consumer?
- Tentative Agreement Reached - All Toronto Library Branches Open Today
- JK Rowling apologises for killing off Remus Lupin in Harry Potter
- Boston Public Library Preparing to Lend Wi-Fi Hotspots
- Lit-Blog Pioneer Jessa Crispin Closes Bookslut, Does Not Bite Tongue
- Why adults coloring books are the latest trend
- How Does it Feel? On Finishing a Book
- Toronto's Olive Senior wins overall 2016 OCM Bocas Prize
- 2016 Innovations in Reading Prize winners make the world better, one book at a time
- Indiana University Libraries Will Preserve, Share ‘Lost’ Orson Welles Radio Recordings
- Ask a bibliotherapist: how books can help soothe troubled minds
- 'Let them read books': why publishing needs to pay its interns
- Royal Society of Literature welcomes Lisa Appignanesi as new Chair
- South African romance author nominated for prestigious international award
- A Campus by Any Other Brand
- Will E-books Follow The Decline of Recorded Music?
- Shambhala Publications buys Rodmell Press
- Russell T Davies’ A Midsummer Night’s Dream: a stunningly bold and risky reimagination for the Doctor Who generation
- Bernie Corbett steps down from Writers’ Guild
- Overseas Spanish-Language Indie Publishers Tackle the American Market
- Elsevier Complaint Shuts Down Another Sci-Hub Domain Name But Service Remains Available via Many Other Domains
- Why You Should Write Flash Fiction
- What Is The Writer’s Place In A Violent World?
- How To Deal With Negative Reviews Of Your Favorite Books
- Free Comic Book Day 2016: 7 must-read comics
- It’s Free Comic Book Day
- The Next Novel You Read May Have Been Chosen by a Computer
- Sharlene Wen-Ning Teo wins inaugural Deborah Rogers Writers’ Award
- America’s greatest living novelist is still keeping it weird
- It’s aois21’s birthday
- Facts and Stats About Mothers and Mother’s Day in the United States
- Literary Sleuthing: A young poet’s long-lost letter still resonates after 75 years
- When Women Writers Become Nightmares
- HC and Red magazine hunt for African cookery star
Remember to like, share, and subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, Podomatic, and right here.
If there's any news of the week you want to share with us, tweet with #literallythisweek and we'll check it out.
Follow us on twitter @aois21 where we share the news as it comes out!