This week: there’s still a chance to save a Modesto comics store, a Cambodian magazine continues to elude censors, #MeToo at the Paris Review, the Library of Congress announces the 2017 film registry additions, a third-grade class have saved a bookstore, Forbes magazine shifts strategy, and literary fiction in crisis. All this, plus the New York Times Bestsellers, the Amazon Charts, and the latest news from aois21, Literally This Week.Read More
Here is the top literary news of the week:
- First day sales of Cursed Child ‘incredible'
- Yves Bonnefoy obituary
- HOW ROUSSEAU PREDICTED TRUMP
- Editing the genome
- Happy Birthday! Five Fascinating Facts about Herman Melville
- Patton Oswalt Will Finish His Wife Michelle McNamara’s Book, He Reveals in Heartbreaking Post
- Netflix to produce a film of The Panama Papers
- The Fascinating, Complicated Art of Designing a Book Cover
- What Do This Season’s Political Books Tell Us About the Election?
- What We're Reading This Summer
- Why You Should Care About Readability Statistics
- Academics unite to condemn YUPL redundancies
- Chicago Public Library Hotspot Lending is Hot
- Facts and Fictions: Find out about Bridge Books – Joburg’s newest independent bookstore – and the coming reading revolution
- The Goat Bursary launches for unpublished writers
- The World's Highest-Paid Authors 2016: James Patterson, Jeff Kinney and J.K. Rowling Top Ranking
- ON THE POLITICS OF EUROPE’S NEW LITERARY SUPERSTARS
- No power or running water – but digital books galore
- 10 books to get men reading
- Moscow Bookstores Receive New Harry Potter Books After Confusion at Customs
- Don’t judge a book by its… title?
- Bridget Jones's Baby on the way into print, Helen Fielding says
- THE IMPROBABLE LIFE AND PRESCIENT POETRY OF BASIL BUNTING
- PRH leads British Book Design Award nominations
- Read Books, Live Longer?
- Kids get hair cut, heads filled thanks to Books With Barbers reading program
- Provo City Library Removes Itself as a Pokemon Go Pokestop, What Happened?
- Life lessons from George Bowering, a master of writing
- Parents Experimenting On Their Children in Fiction
- NPR News: Wisdom From Young Adult Authors: Tamora Pierce
- When You Wake Up To An Order For 1437 Copies Of Harley Quinn #1
- New Patrick Ness film in development
- Is Video for Digital Publishers Worth the Hype?
- SHAKESPEARE’S GLOBE ARCHIVE TO BE DIGITIZED
- 9 Thrillers (One True) That Times Editors Think You Should Read This Summer
- 13 Copywriting Tips to Help You Write a Better Novel
- 15 Fun Facts about The Baby-sitters Club
Remember to like, share, and subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, Podomatic, and right here.
If there's any news of the week you want to share with us, tweet with #literallythisweek and we'll check it out.
Follow us on twitter @aois21 where we share the news as it comes out!